Gardening Lessons (1v1 and Group options)
New to gardening and want some advice to get started? Schedule a hour lesson with James Hatcher to improve your horticultural knowledge!
James will discuss your goals and create a custom lesson plan that fits your needs.
- Featured Topics:Proper watering and feeding techniques
- Plant hormones and their practical uses
- Basic plant science concepts
- Plant propagation (Ex. seeds, cuttings, division)
- Plant reviews - List plants of interest for review & discussion!
Location: Lessons can be conducted onsite at one's home, at the Plant City Commons Community Garden, or at Nature United's plant nursery in Plant City.
Rate: $20/hr for private 1 on 1 lessons; $36 - 60/hr for groups of 2-4
Clients will receive a free plant to take home with every lesson!
See below for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I garden?
Horticulture is the opportunity to care for a living organism and watch it grow. Your caring efforts are rewarded by beautiful blossoms and delicious food. Harness the power of a seed and cultivate peace of mind today!
Who do you teach?
There are many reasons to improve one's knowledge of horticulture such as:
- Seeking employment in the horticultural industry
- To improve one's ability for home-gardening
- To learn a new hobby
- To learn how to grow certain plants
What is therapeutic horticulture?
These private lessons are typically geared towards a vocational-wellness modality with a primary focus on improving the technical skill of one's gardening abilities. Even if you aren't looking to better oneself for employment, doing these lessons will provide the opportunity to improve one's outcomes at home-gardening as well, increase the enjoyment of a popular hobby, and to meet other nature ethusiasts!