Catnip: Valerian Mix
Do you have a picky cat or one not typically reactive to catnip? This variety is for you!
Valerian root has been used traditionally used in medicine and tea for humans; however, it can also safely stimulate your cat! This herbal root contains the active chemical "Actinidine" which will cause the same effects as catnip.
- Organically grown
- Fresh & Potent
- GMO Free
- Pesticide Free
- 10% of sale benefits a no-kill cat rescue
All orders are available in the following bag sizes:
2 gram sample(No tracking), 1/2 Oz, 1 Oz, 4 Oz, 8 Oz
Add on our sample pack for only $10 more!
Includes all 7 varieties of our premium catnip.
Fast & FREE Shipping!
Safe & Secure Checkout
60 Day Hassle-Free Refunds
Leaf & Flower Catnip
Nepeta cataria: Popularly known as Catnip, this herb is a member of the mint family and has an incredible amount of uses including tea making, flavoring food, bug repellent, and as the name suggests it works amazingly well with cats! If you are unsure of which variety would be best I would recommend adding on our popular Sample Pack to your order. Your cat will be delighted to see the selection of treats!
- Organically grown
- Fresh & Potent
- GMO Free
- Pesticide Free
Catnip & Cats: We love our pets, which means we want the best for them. At Nature United we ensure that every catnip bag is fresh, potent and capable to reduce stress in your pet. The active ingredient, nepactalone, stimulates the endocannabinoid system in cats resulting in healthy stimulation, relaxation, and often times amusing behavioral effects!
Cats tend to be stimulated to play after use, become energetic, and frequently display very outrageous behavior, which makes for great content on social media! Our catnip is perfect for all age ranges and will facilitate exercise and play. Buy your bag of nature's best so your pet can be the happiest cat they can be!
Shipping InfoFree U.S Shipping on all orders!
Tracking included on all purchases unless otherwise specified.
Orders are processed in 1-2 business days.
Our products are delivered by USPS, UPS, and Fedex
We currently do not offer international shipping
Return PolicyIf you’re looking to return your order for whatever reason, we're happy to help! We offer 60-day returns once you have received your order. You can return your product for a full refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return policy:
- Returned items must be returned in the original packaging
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use. Any item showing signs of use is only eligible for a partial refund at Nature United's discretion.
To initiate a return please contact us with the following information:
- Product(s) you are returning
- Order # (See confirmation email)
- Your refund typically takes 3-7 business days after your return has been received and processed
- Buyer is responsible for return shipping
- Buyer is responsible for any restocking fees by the manufacturer
- Nature United offers free replacements/exchanges for any lost or damaged goods during transit.
- If you have any questions contact us at NatureUnited969@gmail.com
1. What is catnip? Catnip (Nepeta cataria) is a herbal plant that is part of the mint family and can induce very comedic reactions from your furry friend! The active ingredient, Napatelactone, is contained in 100 other plants and can even affect big cats like cougars, bobcats, lions, and more due to the biology of felines.
Catnip has historically been used by herbalists for centuries as a natural remedy for symptoms such as headaches and spasms. It is also well known for its sleep inducing properties!
2. Is catnip healthy for my cat?Yes it is. Veterinarians agree catnip is a nice way to make old and fat cats active and loose weight, which improve their overall health. So, give catnip toys to your pet without concern. See below for dosage recommendations.
3. How will my cat react to catnip?Responses will differ per cat. Behaviors can range from hunting toys, playful running, relaxed catnaps or biting, licking, and drooling on their catnip toys. Experiment with each of your cats to determine their individual reactions.
4. Why does my cat react like this to catnip products?The natural chemical in catnip, napatelactone, is responsible for the behaviors we see and can result in a harmless physiological reaction in some cats.
Catnip creates this reaction by interacting with a special gland on top of the cat's mouth called the vomeronasal gland. This gland is used to distinguish and process other cats' pheromones. Napatelactone has a chemical structure similar to these pheromones.
This catnip reaction has been analyzed extensively, and has been found to induce a psychosexual response in both male and female cats. One might say that catnip has an aphrodisiac effect!
5. Why does my cat not respond to catnip? Any alternatives? Approximately 15-33% of cats will not respond to catnip because of their genes. Cats under six months (Not sexually mature) also have a decreased likelihood of responding to catnip.
If your cat is not responding to traditional catnip, we recommend experimenting with our catnip mixes & alternatives which safely produce the same, or an even more potent reaction!
6. How long is my catnip good for?Catnip is best preserved in cold, dark places. Like most herbs, excessive UV and heat exposure will degrade the catnip and cause it to lose its aroma and potency. If stored in a refrigerator or freezer catnip can last effectively up to 2 years or more.
6. Can I use catnip for training my cat?Yes you can! You can use catnip as a training tool to encourage your cat to use new toys, to show them where their scratching post is, or direct your show cat's attention where you desire.
Caution: Do not use catnip to train cats to use their litter box. Do not sprinkle catnip in or around the cat litter as the cat may attempt to eat not only the catnip, but the cat litter as well. Doing so puts the cat at risk for fungus poisoning, worms, and may confuse the cat into thinking the litter box is a play area.
7. How much catnip should I use?Cats will generally know when they've had their fill of catnip and will turn their heads when they're done. However, it is important to know not to feed your cat too much. 1-2 spoon-fills at a time is plenty and no more than 2 or 3 times a day.
8. Where does this catnip come from?In many stores one will see catnip that has yellowed or lost most of its aroma, indicating that it has been just sitting in a warehouse for a couple of years. In some cases some companies may even spray their catnip with potentially toxic chemicals.
Not us! Nature United secures its catnip from US farmers where fresh catnip is cultivated and processed without harmful pesticides or fertilizers. Buy from us to to give your pet the healthiest and most exciting experience possible!
9. Is this catnip organic?It depends which variety of catnip you choose to buy from us. We have two varieties of catnip that are USDA certified organic (see below), the rest of our selection is organically grown. Any catnip that is certified organic will have the USDA seal displayed on the listing. While not all of our catnip is certified organic, all of it is organically grown without toxic fertilizers or pesticides.
10. Does this catnip contain GMO?No
11. What is the difference between your catnip and common store bought varieties?First, look at the color of the catnip. Like any other plant, bright green is a sign of freshness. Then you can try to smell the catnip through the bag, if its potent you should be able to smell it. Your cats may even notice it before you take it out the packaging!
A word of caution, other popular companies will include catnip with their toys; however, upon closer inspection the color will be brown and the smell may even contain the scent of toxic chemicals!
Pale yellow catnip has usually been harvested a few years ago, and has been sitting in a warehouse for a long time before hitting the shelves of the store.
Nature United procures its catnip from farmers in the USA.
All our products are made with catnip that is always with the current crop of the year.